Caitlin is doing the whole middle school scene, you know the one where her brothers better not even wave to her in public. She has already been to a dance. Thank goodness at this age they are right after school. I suggested she find a ride home. When I got the ole eye roll (you know the one where if you could smack their eyeballs out of their heads, you would) I told her I would be happy to come get her with her brothers in tow. I also told her that I wouldn't come in to get her, I would send them in to do it! She found a ride within 5 minutes, imagine that. Her fall softball season is over. The season wasn't so great, but she tweaked her skills. Caitlin has decided to sing in choir at school. Tell me why I have to pay a fee for her stay after 45 min, 2 days a week to sing? Doesn't seem to be any equipment involved and when they travel, well, let's just say we got a payment schedule for that! She's happy though and I'm glad she is rounding things out.
Will is Will. No more occupational therapy. We were mainly doing that for sensory purposes and the proprioceptor pounding that seemed to help even him out. His OT was down to 3 patients anyway, he being one of them. She said it's time to give it a try and kept him on prn and gave me her cell # if I need her. Instead, he is going to start back with gymnastics. He did that in OH and was really good at it. I figure it will work him out much the same way Courtney did. Here's to hoping, anyway! We start that tomorrow. His fall ball should be over after this weekend too as it's tournament weekend. He has much improved his skills over the last year. I have seen a big increase in his confidence.
Aaron and Evan are tooling right along. Both have adjusted well to the school year. Aaron finally got his glasses. I was in denial for awhile, so he is most happy to be able to see! They are on the same fall baseball team and having lots of fun, they are pretty good too. Hoping they get put on the same team in the spring. That will save a schedule for me. Their season should be over after this weekend too.
All of the kids are doing religous ed on Wednesday nights and Dave is teaching Caitlin's class. He thought it would be easier to take a 6th grade class than one of the younger ones. Ha, ha, ha! That's ALL I have to say about that. Anyway, the kids are really enjoying class. They are also taking a sacrament class on Mondays and starting choir tomorrow, that will be on Tuesdays.
I am volunteering at school, doing mystery shops and getting this place in a better running order, finally. It's nice to pick something up and it stay picked up for the entire day!
Here's a few pictures from over the last little while. Enjoy and I promise, it won't be so long before another post. Happy day~
5 comments:
Oh my gosh, Susie!!! I laughed out loud about the eye rolling thing. I so know what you are talking about. Something happens to them when they enter the sixth grade!!! I love the pictures!!
Julie
Well crap...the eye rolling doesn't stop anytime soon (I have apparently blocked my own youth from memory)?! Thanks for the update...I was beginning to wonder :)
You are one busy momma! I don't know how you do it! We will be down soon to visit....I promise!
Awesome!!!!! Cutie pa tooties!
Oh and about this Mystery shopping: are you hard core? Where do you go? What are your recs?
Susie, You are such a busy woman. How do you do it! Eye rolling hasnt started here yet, do the boys do it too?
Post a Comment